Sunday, July 1, 2012

Saturday:
So...if Anytime Fitness is supposed to be open for members ANYTIME, why was I not able to get in this morning?!  Grr.  Dad left early this morning, mom wasn't home yet, so I was so proud of myself for going out to workout all by myself.  Booo.  Anyway, you'll be happy to know I did not give up.  I went straight to the pond by the church and walked the trail around it a couple times.  I waited too long in the day, so it was too hot to do the usual strenuous walk, but at least I did something.  This evening I decided to talk a break from lifting, since I'm still sore, and instead started cataloging exercises to do with a medicine ball and with those big exercise balls.  I want to have more things to do than the weight machines, especially while I'm banged up.  Mission Accomplished.  I have a list of things to try!  If you click here you can find the video I used for medicine ball exercises.  And if you click here you can find the page for the exercise ball.  The last page has a TON of exercises for the full body.
Tonight was a great night for other things - Iowa City Jazz Fest!  I splurged a little on dinner.  However, I tried to at least make the healthiest choice I could think of....maybe.  I ended up at Oasis Falafel and had a Gyro Pita sandwich and red cabbage salad.  Well, I tried anyway.  But mom and I are going to bike in the morning, so I will forgive myself for splurging and get back on the train.  :)

Mind Shift:
I have started trying to block out all my old favorite foods at restaurants.  Instead, I am committing in my mind to finding new favorites that are also healthy and low calorie.  This is not the easiest thing to do.  Especially when it seems like ALL my favorite foods have been some of the LEAST healthy choices on the menu.  I guess that solves the mystery!  Anyway, that's just something I've been working on.  I know for this to really work, and to make a life change in my weight and health, this isn't just a lifestyle that I can adopt for a few months and go back to the way things were.  I was not maintaining weight, I was GAINING.  So, I just have to tell myself that moving forward, these changes to diet and exercise have to be for an indefinite amount of time.  There's no deadline, there's no goal weight even.  There's only fitness and a healthy view of food.  Eat to live, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment