Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Intro:
Alright, so here I go again, trying to do this blog thing.  However, it's summer vacation, so I'm hoping I can get a decent jump on things.

So, I decided to start this blog as a way to really dive into this whole 'healthy lifestyle' thing.  Here's the motivation: I'M ALMOST 30!!!  I'm currently sitting right around the heaviest and most unfit I've been in my 'almost 30' years, and I've been sitting here for quite some time.  So...it's time to take action.  This blog, I hope, will provide some accountability for me.  I will post thoughts of the day's diet/exercise, as well as any other random thing that comes into my brain.  Down the road, there may (hopefully) even be some before and after pics.  BUUUTT, that will come long after some progress has been made! So, here I go.

First Steps:
Mom, Dad and I are currently on Day 3 of the "4 Day Anti-Bloat" phase of the Flat Belly diet.  So far...unsatisfied.  It's not that I'm hungry all the time, it's that the food we do eat has little to NO flavor.  So, that's been an adjustment.  I keep telling myself - "Eat to Live, don't Live to Eat."  GREAT quote that's been a good reminder of why I'm doing this.  It's not supposed to be easy.  If it were easy, we'd all look like supermodels.  No thanks.  In the end, I will be happy that I worked so hard for this...and man am I working hard!  Not only just with my amazing self-control on the food front, but I'm actually doing 2-a-day workouts.  Granted, it's only been 3 days, but still...!  One of the main reasons I didn't get a job over the summer is so I can have the time to devote to myself and my health.  Dad and I plan to bike ride or walk every morning, and I've joined Anytime Fitness to do some weight/circuit training in the afternoons.  So far - I'm sore.  Like, everywhere.  But, I suppose thats a good sign, considering my complete lack of exercise over the past year (or so).  So anyway, that's where I stand now.  The food is lame but nutritious, and the exercise hurts.  So very optimistic, I know.  But I actually am.  I feel good, despite the muscle soreness, and excited to actually do this for myself.

Deep Thoughts:
Ok, so there's more than muscle fatigue and pride going on here.  I'm terrified.  I'm scared that I won't follow through with this, like every other time I've started and stopped.  Even if I do great through the rest of the summer, what happens when school starts?  Will healthy eating habits be HABITS by then? At least I started this for better reasons this time.  Sure, I'm still hoping that by looking "HOT" I'll snag a guy, but the real reason isn't for some dude, it's for me.  I realize that in just a year and a half I'll be 30.  And I am terrified of going into my 30s in the worst shape of my life.  Furthermore, I want to WILL have kid(s) someday, and I don't want to do it like this.  I read a blog the other day that centered around losing pregnancy weight.  Why I was reading it, I don't know.  But, the girl who wrote it said something really obvious - A person who isn't fit BEFORE pregnancy, is sure as heck not going to be fit AFTER pregnancy, and it only gets harder, with lack of time to spend on yourself.  (I've paraphrased this.)  Of course I knew this already, but it sure hit me harder since I had already started this journey.  I WANT to be a fit mother.  But really, I just want to be FIT!  So...here's hoping that my desire to keep going, despite the setbacks and screwups that are BOUND to happen, and this blog help me to get over my fear of failure, and just continue to move forward.  One day at a time, eat to live, get fit for that little someday-baby.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment